Become a volunteer during our ICC Camp in Leuven
ICC Belgium is looking for social, committed and dynamic volunteers.
- Are you available from Sunday 23/07/2017 – Tuesday 01/08/2017 (or are you available on some days between these two dates)?
- Do you live in Leuven (or nearby)? Or can you arrange a place to sleep in Leuven or get there easily?
- Would you like to support blind or visually impaired youngsters during an international exchange project (that takes place in Leuven)?
ICC Belgium is looking for you!
- First of all you are available to provide first aid when necessary..
- Secondly, you support the participants:
- You help participants with orientation in and around the accommodations/the city.
- You help with distributing the meals.
- You guide participants to the right room, when they ask for it.
- You carry out practical and logistic tasks (i.e. set up rooms, …)
- You support /help out at leisure time activities (i.e. a visit, free time in the evening, …)
What do you expect?
- You own at least a valid First Aid certificate, from an official organization. A training in nursing or medicine suffices as well of course.
- You can express yourself fluently (verbally) in English (common language during the project).
- You participate in activities for volunteers (before the exchange). These activities will prepare you for your tasks and we will work on group dynamics.
- You are respectful and open towards others and you don’t patronize people with a visual impairment.
- You are at least 20 years old.
- Experience is a plus, enthusiasm is more important.
- You are regularly available during the ten days of the project. We will make a schedule, taking everyone’s availability into account.
- A driver’s license and experience with driving a van is useful.
What can you expect?
- civil liability insurance
- personal accident insurance
- medical actions insurance
- the chance to gain experience in the world of visually impaired youngsters, in an international context
- preparatory activities to prepare yourself to the best of your abilities
- support from a volunteers coordinator
- There is no financial compensation. Meals are provided by ICC.
Follow these links for more information:
- Become a Volunteer during our ICC Camp in Belgium – Assistance and support
- Become a Volunteer during our ICC Camp in Belgium – First Aid and support
Or contact us via our form: